Canon printer error E59 is a common problem faced by all users of Canon printers. This error code can be fixed easily with simple methods. This post will discuss how to fix Canon printer error E59 by replacing ink cartridges and resetting the Ink Levels DLL Files.
What is Canon Printer Error E59?
Canon printer error E59 is a problem when the ink cartridges are empty. This can be caused by many factors, including:
- Using an incompatible ink cartridge or changing brands of ink.
- Only replace the used ink cartridges after they run out of power and become unusable.
Canon Printer Error E59 can be resolved by replacing faulty or damaged cartridges with new ones.
Reason for Canon Printer Error E59
The E59 error code is a generic message indicating the ink cartridge is empty or removed incorrectly. This can occur if you remove the wrong one or if one of your cartridges becomes defective.
If you’re using an original Canon printer and receive this error, checking whether your ink level is correctly set before continuing to print is important. You may also need to replace any damaged cartridges with new ones.
Check the Ink Levels
To check the ink levels, open your printer and remove the cartridge. You can do this by removing all the screws on top of your printer that are holding it together. Once you have done this, use a Phillips screwdriver to remove each screw and lift it on each side of the cartridge until it comes out.
You should now see two separate clips at either end of your cartridge: one for each color (black/cyan/magenta). Pull these clips apart by hand using pliers or tweezers so as not to damage them unnecessarily; there should also be some small wires connected between them which may need removing before proceeding further with this process!
Check the error code on the LED.
To check the error code on the LED, follow these steps:
- Press and hold down the Power button for 30 seconds. The Error Code will display briefly on-screen and then disappear.
- Check that your printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable (not wireless) by plugging one end into an available USB port and the other into where you want to print from. If you do not have a USB port, please refer to [How Do I Connect My Canon Printer to My Computer To Print?]
Reset the Ink Levels
- How to Reset the Ink Levels
If you’ve tried rebooting your printer and have noticed that the error persists, it’s time to reset the ink levels. To do so:
- Open a command prompt (or PowerShell) window by pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Command Prompt (Admin). If you’re not an administrator on Windows 10 or 8, type in “admin” for both commands instead of Administrator.
- Type “ipconfig” into the command prompt/PowerShell window without quotes followed by an arrow down/backspace key combo; this will show all network adapters connected to your computer—including Wi-Fi connections—and tell you which adapter is active. You can also use ipconfig /all instead if no other option works for viewing information about network connectivity from within Windows 10 or 8 alone!
Re-installation of Ink Levels DLL Files
You can fix this problem by reinstalling the ink-level DLL files on your computer. This will ensure your printer is running optimally, which will help you with future printing attempts. To do so:
- Download the DLL file from the internet
- Install it onto your computer
- Restart your printer
Remove the foreign object or paper jam.
- Remove the foreign object or paper jam.
- Check the ink levels. If you have low ink, it is recommended that you replace your cartridges with new ones and then reset your printer to default settings using instructions provided by Canon or another manufacturer of printers. This will solve most issues caused by a missing cartridge or other problems related to low ink levels in your printer’s cartridge holder and carriage assembly (carriage).
- Reset the ink levels DLL files: To reset all of these files, use a utility like RMA Cleaner Pro, which will allow you to easily remove any viruses from your computer without having to reinstall Windows itself; this also includes removing any rootkits installed by hackers who might want access into sensitive areas such as bank accounts or private emails!
Fix Canon printer error E59 by replacing the ink cartridges.
You can fix the ink cartridges by replacing them with new ones.
There are several ways to do this:
- Replace your current ink cartridge with a new one of the same brand and color. This will help to determine if there is an issue with your printer’s software or hardware, as well as reset any settings that may be causing problems.
Error Code 0xE59 For Canon Printer
Error code 0xE59 is a Canon printer error message that appears on the LCD screen and indicates a printer problem. The error code 0xE59 will be displayed if you receive any other errors, such as those related to paper jams or ink cartridges.
If your Canon printer has been experiencing problems for some time and you’re running out of options, consider replacing its ink cartridges before calling tech support from Canon.
Fix Canon printer error E59 with reliable and easy methods.
- Check the ink levels.
- Check the error code on the LED.
- Reset the ink levels by removing and reinstalling them with a new kit or replacing all your cartridges with new ones, as needed (see below).
- Remove foreign objects or paper jams that may be causing problems with print quality and other issues with your printer’s operation – this will help to ensure that you get back up and running quickly!
Canon printer error E59 is an annoying problem that can happen to your Canon printer. It’s a problem most people will experience at some point in time. You may be wondering how to fix it. Well, thankfully, there are plenty of solutions out there! These solutions range from simple fixes like getting new ink cartridges or resetting the ink levels on your Canon printer to more complicated ones like removing foreign objects or paper jams inside your machine, for example.